Monday, June 16, 2014

Running - Training Day 2 - 06/06/14

Day 2 of Level 1 is complete. It was not any easier today, but it felt a little more manageable because I had a running buddy (other than my children), who really encouraged me. I still feel old and fat, but I am still determined to do this.


There is a vine (short video) that I saw once on Youtube called "Running for exercise vs. Running for ice cream". In the first clip, you see a young, athletic man running, but he stops, panting for breath, covered in sweat, and looks like he's about to collapse. It then cuts to a huge, morbidly obese man running for all he's worth for some ice cream. It's pretty humorous, and I laughed quite a bit when I saw it. It's so true... when I was out there running with my friend and my kiddos, I wanted to just quit. But when I'm running to something or someone, or running because I'm playing with my kids, it feels like I have more endurance.


I think what would help me most is to try to maintain a positive attitude, to shift my perspective and tell myself that my body will appreciate this one day. It just would be nice if I had some ice cream waiting for me at the end of my runs!


Oh, wait... I do have some ice cream!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!


The weird thing is, I don't even really feel like eating any today.




Note: I am writing this on June 16th. When I first started running, I simply posted a status update to Facebook. After today's run, I decided to start blogging about my progress. I am entering my Facebook posts from each of my previous runs into a blog post here for continuity.

No comments: