Monday, June 16, 2014

Running - Training Day 6 - 06/14/14

Alright, day 6 is complete, and so is Level 2 in the C25K program. Today was pretty much just as bad as yesterday, but that was probably at least partly due to the fact that I ran during the hottest part of the day, and I was in Canyon Lake where the terrain is anything but flat. There were no big hills or anything, but there were slopes big enough that I definitely knew they were there!!


On the one hand, I feel really stupid, because I'm pretty sure I was only like a half a degree away from heat stroke. But on the other hand, I'm proud that I had the determination to do it, even though it was at an inconvenient time (I was busy this morning and I'll be busy tonight, so now was pretty much the only time I could do it).


The main reason I went ahead with the run instead of excusing myself from it was because of all of you that I have heard from over the last two weeks who are telling me that my journey is inspiring you - and I am more humbled than you can know to hear that from you! So, thank you all for helping me to stay accountable!


By the way, Liz was totally awesome and completely rocked it out there, heat and all. That girl is a beast!!






Note: I am writing this on June 16th. When I first started running, I simply posted a status update to Facebook. After today's run, I decided to start blogging about my progress. I am entering my Facebook posts from each of my previous runs into a blog post here for continuity.

No comments: