Monday, June 16, 2014

Running - Training Day 3 - 06/07/14

Day 3 is now complete, and so is my first week and my first level in the C25K program. I think today was the hardest so far. Even the first day I ran, I at least caught a second wind, but that didn't happen today. It hurt today. I'm so sore from these last few days of running, it's not even funny.


I'm debating on whether I should go ahead and try to advance to the next level next week, or if I should hang back and repeat week one again. Level 2 will have me running for 90 seconds, followed by 2 minutes of walking. I honestly don't know if I am ready to advance or not. I guess we'll see how it goes. Hopefully, I won't be so sore next week when I start again.


On a positive note, today was the first day that I've run without having my carotid arteries hurt. I know it sounds weird, but when I would run on days one and two, the arteries in my neck (both sides) would hurt. It didn't hurt so bad that I felt like crying or anything, but it hurt bad enough that I would sometimes press my hand against them for 5-10 seconds to try to stop the throbbing. Then it would occur to me how stupid it was for me to be occluding the arteries going to my brain and I would drop my hand. I was worried about having a blockage or something. But today they didn't hurt at all. I hope that doesn't mean that something broke loose and is now waiting to lodge somewhere in my brain and cause a stroke... that would be bad.


I know. I'm morbid. That's what happens to people when they work in a hospital for any length of time.








Note: I am writing this on June 16th. When I first started running, I simply posted a status update to Facebook. After today's run, I decided to start blogging about my progress. I am entering my Facebook posts from each of my previous runs into a blog post here for continuity.

No comments: