Monday, June 16, 2014

Running - Training Day 4 - 06/12/14

Well, well, well... day 4 is complete, and so is my first day at Level 2 in the C25K program. Level 2 is as follows:


5 minutes - brisk walk to warm up
90 seconds - run
2 minutes - walk
Repeat the above run/walk interval 5 more times (so you will have run a total of 6 times)
5 minutes - walk to cool down


I decided to go ahead and try Level 2. I figured if I couldn't finish the 90 seconds, then I would just go back to the 60 second/ 90 second intervals in Level 1. Well, guess what??


I DID IT!!!!!!!


I ran longer, I recovered faster, and I controlled my breathing better than last week... and, I was 2 minutes and 15 seconds faster than I was last week! I am so excited to see this progress... this is positive proof that I AM getting stronger! I was even able to talk some during the running with my running buddy!


I can't believe I did it!! This is a huge accomplishment for me, and I feel great!!






Note: I am writing this on June 16th. When I first started running, I simply posted a status update to Facebook. After today's run, I decided to start blogging about my progress. I am entering my Facebook posts from each of my previous runs into a blog post here for continuity.

No comments: